RIKON are currenlty seeking a Project Co-Ordinator for our Applied Research Unit (Ref. No. 017918).
The role of the project Co-Ordinator is to plan, execute and finalise projects and other RIKON related works according to strict deadlines.
Please see full specifications for the following position within RIKON available from here.
Project Co-Ordinator – Applied Research Unit (Ref. No. 017918)
• Employer: Waterford Institute of Technology
• Department: Management & Organisation
• Duration: 12-month contract (full time)
• Commencement Date: Immediately
• Reporting to: Commercial Research Manager at RIKON
The role of the project Co-Ordinator is to plan, execute and finalise projects and other RIKON related works according to strict deadlines. The project Co-Ordinator will also ensure the projects objectives and quality parameters are adhered to as depicted by RIKON Strategists and Commercial Manager.
The position of Project Co-ordinator is a key position in establishing an institute-wide framework for the on-going applied research at RIKON-WIT. The role will involve:
• As a Project Co-Ordinator you will be responsible for works carried out under the group in relation to business development and research and the presentation of that data to RIKON clients across projects.
• Conducting project works as well as managing projects that are strategic in nature and national in scope.
• Utilise multiple media resources to gather industry relevant data to assist in business development and strategy creation.
• The analysis of data to develop possible solutions, and make a recommendation to the clients at a consultancy level.
• Set and drive strategic vision and direction of the RIKON team
• Keep abreast of new technologies and innovation techniques and how they might solve technical or business problems.
• Financial analysis, forecasting and modelling ability design and delivery of business strategies based on solid research and business model mapping activities.
• A clear understanding of Business model innovation techniques and consultancy that can also help companies stay ahead in the product/customer innovation.
• The Co-Ordinator will also be required to assist the Strategists and commercial manager in securing funding for the group in relation to but not limited to innovation vouchers, innovation partnerships, European funds etc.
A level 8 degree in Business Studies or related discipline with consistent results across core areas is a minimum requirement (2.2 or above); a Master’s Degree (taught or research) is an added advantage.
Experience in the field of commercial research projects for any of the following;
• Client Project Work
• Business Consultancy
• Project and Report Writing
Pay Scale €18–€24K PA Depending on Experience, payable monthly
Closing Date of advert:4.00pm on Wednesday, 3rd August 2016.
Applicants must submit a loose leaf CV and covering letter. Any documents in excess of this requirement will be deleted. Please mark the application clearly with the appropriate reference number. Please address to Ms. Ruth Hennebry, The Human Resource Office, Waterford Institute of Technology, Cork Road, Waterford. Tel: 051-845519
At a minimum candidate’s must demonstrate in their application that they possess all of the essential elements applicable in the person specification. The Institute will then decide to interview only those applicants who appear from the information available, to be the most suitable, in terms of experience, qualifications and other requirements of the post. Please note applications will be acknowledged within five working days of the competition closing. Candidates should keep a hard copy of the advert for their file as this will be needed for review should their application progress.
WIT is an equal opportunities employer.